Monday, March 18, 2013

Workout Music and the Lack Thereof

Anyone who has been around me for more than an hour probably has a good sense of my obsession with music.  I'm convinced it is a genetic trait, as my dad is a fanatic as well.  I've played piano since I was 3 and grew up singing and performing in musicals, band, and other music-based performances.  Needless to say, music is part of who I am and is incorporated into just about everything I do.  I listen to music all day at school (what we listen to depends on what is going on in my classroom), at home while I'm working, in the kitchen when I'm cooking, while I'm working out and even when I shower (it covers up my singing).  I could not imagine a life without music.

Tonight I had to do just that.  As I arrived at the gym, I performed my usual ritual of changing shoes and getting my music set up.  However, I noticed quickly that my Spotify was not connecting to the wifi very well and the music was cutting in and out.  I hopped on the treadmill ready to go and it cut out completely.  I had no choice but to complete my workout to the wonderful sounds of the elevator music that is always playing in the gym.  Needless to say, not my best workout.  Painful doesn't even begin to descibe the hour I spent trying to fight through my urge to give up and go home. 

To prevent this from happening in the future, I'm reconfiguring my workout playlist so that it will work with or without an internet connection.  I know I'm always looking for good music to add so here is my current go to list for workout music. 

  • Cannibal - Ke$ha
  • Saturday - Basshunter
  • Titanium - David Guetta
  • Here It Goes Again - OK Go
  • Mercy - Duffy
  • Jai Ho! - Pussycat Dolls
  • Young Folks - Peter Bjorn
  • Louder - DJ Fresh
  • Antidote - Swedish House Mafia
  • B.O.B. - Outkast
  • Remember the Name - Fort Minor
  • Mercy - Kanye West
  • Sammy Davis Jr. - Movits!
  • This Little Girl - Cady Groves
  • Breathing - Jason Derulo
  • Locked Out of Heaven - Bruno Mars
  • Magic - B.O.B
  • All of the Lights - Kanye West
  • Runaway Baby - Bruno Mars
  • Bounce - Calvin Harris, Kelis
  • Raining Men - Rihanna
  • Turn Around - Conor Maynard
  • Spectrum - Zedd
  • Turn All the Lights On - T-Pain
  • If I Had You - Adam Lambert
  • Blue Eyes Blind - ZZ Ward
  • Can't Hold Us - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
I'm always looking to add to my playlist, what do you listen to when you workout?

2 comments:

  1. Bleed it out by Linkin Park ....awesome song to run to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://soundcloud.com/david-martin-72

    My playlist is just the songs I have liked on the right hand side.

    ReplyDelete