Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Day Home = M & Mommy Time!

For the past few days I've been listening to my poor daughter hack away.  This cough of hers disappeared for a little, but came back last week with a venegence.  The poor girl is barely sleeping because she is coughing so much, even with the humidifier running.  So I decided it was time to go to the doctor.  Because of the timing of the appointment (and the fact that she wouldn't be going to school) I decided to stay home with her.  This meant a day full of fun for both of us! 

After making the blanket fort and watching a movie, and playing princess for a good hour, M said she wanted to exercise.  I think some of my incessant talk about healthy living has rubbed off a bit, as every day she insists on doing "her exercises."  Today she chose yoga.  I love doing yoga, especially when I incorporate my daughter.  She has always shown an interest in it, and at two years old had perfected the downward dog. 

We have tried several different yoga videos made for kids, but by far are those put out by Cosmic Kids.  These videos incorporate the yoga moves into a kid friendly story that also tends to focus on different character traits as well.

M's favorite video is "Squish the Fish"
It's a great video that focuses on being brave, especially when we aren't around our parents (like when kids are at school or daycare).  It incorporates yoga in a short, 15 minute story that M can practically recite by heart now.

M loves the story because it is about a fish and you get to pretend to swim (her other favorite activity)

At our house, we've had nights when all three of us do a video together, always an interesting thing when Tim is involved.

Although it stunk that M had a cold and couldn't go to school, I was happy that she was well enough for us to have an enjoyable day together!

No comments:

Post a Comment