Saturday, March 23, 2013

Feel the burn!

Today was calorie filled, to say the least.  We spent the early part of the afternoon making pierogis for Easter; a family tradition that we are now passing down to M.

After making about 8 dozen pierogis I met my new student teacher at Panera.  It was great to get to talk to her before she started, but Panera is a huge weakness of my.  One cinnamon scone, a chai latte and 810 calories later, I was on my way.


Needless to say, I HAD to work out tonight.  I knew I hadn't eaten the best and I didn't want to get on the wrong track, especially with my trip to my sister's right around the corner.  So I dragged my butt to the gym and hopped on the treadmill, I admit I really didn't want to.  I will say, knowing that I was "naughty" during the day motivated me.  I got 4 miles in, and felt like I could get more if I wanted to.
As I was leaving one of "the regulars," an older gentleman who recently told me about his knee replacement surgery, asked why I ran so much.  I explained to him that I was training for a half-marathon.  I then tried to explain my training plan to him.  In the end, I think he was a little overwhelmed by my excitement and all the talking I had done; but it occurred to me that there may be people out there who may be in my situation. 

For those who are interested, I am following one of the Run Disney Half Marathon Training Plans.  A friend of mine recommended them, as they are aimed at those who are not necessarily "marathon runners."  Plus, considering I would LOVE to run the Princess Half Marathon someday, I feel like using the plan is one step closer to accomplishing that goal.  So far, I really like the plan.  It consists of three running days a week; two days are focused on time (30-45 minutes) and Saturdays are the "long run."  Last week I had to do 3 miles for my long run, today I was up to 4.  As I said before, I felt great.  I'll keep you posted on how the training is going from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment