Thursday, March 7, 2013

Get it!

I wasn't really feeling the gym today, had a very hard time getting off my big dupa and into the car.  What I love about the gym is that once I get there, all of that "not feeling it" normally goes away.

Today was leg day.  After yesterday's long run, my legs were feeling a little weak, but I decided to go for it any way.  I'm thinking next week I'm going to change my rotation a bit so that leg day is not directly following my long run.  Instead I'm going to put an arm day in between and see how that goes.

Weak legs or not, I can definitely tell that my legs are getting stronger!  The lunges and squats that I've been doing are getting easier and easier.  I'm even starting to see a little definition in my legs, and can actually differentiate my ankle from my calf!

In other happy news, I resisted a really tempting night of terrible eating, kinda.  M had swim class tonight, which means I don't get home until after 5.  I had forgotten to get anything out for dinner, and Tim's choice?  McDonalds.  Instead of joining him in the greasy deliciousness that is a double cheeseburger, I decided to resist and make the healthy choice.  I did allow myself a Shamrock Shake because going to McDonald's at this time of year and not getting one would be a crime.  However, I got the smallest size and shared it with both M and Tim.  Along with the Shamrock Shake I may or may not have also enjoyed some Thin Mints that I recently one in a gift basket.  However, I still had a healthy dinner and after my exercise, was still under my daily calorie limit. 

The important lesson I learned was that it is important to track, but I can't deny myself things that I like.  If I would have gone through tonight denying myself those things, I would have been cranky and unpleasant.  Instead, having just a bit satisfied my craving.  All in all, I must say I'm feeling pretty good about today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment