Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Rough Day

Today was a very rough day.  Work is stressful, and it is only looking like it is going to get worse.  I normally can handle stress pretty well, but I'm getting to the point where I am overwhelmed and really don't know where to start.  The problem with this (other than stress=bad) is that when I'm stressed, I eat.  And when I stress-eat, it is NEVER healthy.  Candy, pizza, if it is terrible for you, I crave it when I am stressed. 

Today was no different, and I blew it diet-wise.  As I sit here now, I'm waiting for my friend the Papa John's delivery guy.  I'm still planning on going to the gym, but who knows what will happen between now and then. 

I'm trying very hard to have a positive attitude through all this, although I will admit that this is not always the case.  However, I did find a song that helped me through today, thought I'd share it.  A little Nick Howard always makes me feel better...

 
 
Updated - 1 hour later - So I ate my pizza, and enjoyed every bit of it!  I did opt for the thin crust, so I wasn't totally unhealthy (although I made up for it in breadsticks).  It was after dinner that M helped put everything into perspective.  Here I am, complaining about my terrible day, focused on me, and all she wants is a cuddle.  Turns out, she fell asleep right on my lap, like she used to when she was a baby.  In that moment, my bad day didn't seem so terrible after all.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. It happens!I don't think there is 1 person who doesn't eat when they are stressed.Enjoy your pizza!

    ReplyDelete