Friday, February 8, 2013

List Update - One Month In!

Bri's 30 Before 30 List

1. Run a 10k  I tried to get my friends to sign up for the St. Patty's Day 10k, but they wanted to do the 5k instead.  I'm still looking at a few different races in the spring.

2. Finish a half marathon  Registered and paid.  Got a gym membership so I can run more consistently.  Currently I'm running 3-5 miles consistently.

3. Travel further west than Toledo Still working out the details with Tim

4. Shoot a gun  Tim says he has a plan for this one (not sure what it is though!)

5. Visit New York City

6. Start a blog/journal You're reading it!

7. Go to an NFL football game

8. Read at least 10 books off of Time’s Top 100 Books of All Time list Finished The Great Gatsby and now I'm reading Slaughterhouse Five

9. Take a class unrelated to teaching

10. Finish re-painting the house (Master Bedroom, Guest Bedroom, Downstairs Living Room, Basement Bath)

11. Have the equivalent of one month’s salary in savings. About a third of the way there!

12. Host/Cook a holiday meal for the family. Talked to mom and she isn't willing to give up any of the biggies (Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving).  Instead I was given Mother's Day, Father's Day, Labor Day, and Memorial Day.  It's a start I guess.

13. Take a weekend trip focused on M.  In the planning stages.  May be next winter, a few months after I turn 30 but I'll still count it.

14. Go to a concert.

15. Have a girl’s weekend somewhere other than Erie.

16. Golf a full 18 holes, and keep score

17. Pay off at least 2 of my 3 credit cards. (and keep them that way!!) Consolidated so I will have a zero balance on all 3, but will have one payment to cover the consolidation loan.  According to my calculations I'll have everything paid off in two years.

18. Get another tattoo

19. Organize all my pictures and back them up. Maybe even get some printed out.

20. Try at least 10 new foods (or re-try foods I haven’t tried in a while) Thanks to Tim this one happened really quickly.  So far I've tried Rye Bread, BBQ sauce and BBQ chips.  Random and kinda lame, but still they were all new.  Since I've already met this one but want to keep going, I'm changing the number to 10.

21. Ride on a motorcycle

22. Change my hairstyle/hair color

23. Complete at least one random act of kindness/pay it forward type action

24. Make/build something

25. Surprise someone

26. Rekindle my mad piano skills. I've played a little, but I'm having trouble finding something I want to play.  Still looking for good sheet music.

27. Improve my Spanish

28. Learn to drive a stick shift

29. Have a spa day – more than just mani/pedi

30. Celebrate my 30th in style! (think Limo, sequins, bubbly!)

No comments:

Post a Comment